Friday 7 November 2014

Why am I doing the BFI Film Academy?

I am doing this course because I hope it will broaden my mind of the film industry and more in depth of film making also hope it will help me get into the film industry.

Strength:

  • Editing skills and experience
  • Using Software and equipment
  • Knowledge of films and film making
Weakness:

  • Script Writing
  • Pre production (Story boards)
  • Knowledgement of how the film industry work and how to get a career out of it.
  • Other a sect of the film industry
My challenge is to leave about different aspect of the film and to improve my knowledge of the film production. I also would like to learn how I can get a career in film making, preferably at this time editing roll in film. I would like to reach these goals because of the passion I gave in film making, tim watching and just the whole subject of film as I have been interested in film from s young age and would be a passionate achievement to have a career in the film industry.  I am also doing the BFI film academy to help me achieve a silver arts award which will be an achievement it itself and will help pursue my goals either through university or NFTS.

NFTS - National film and television school 6 groups of 11 each making short film 6-8mins long.


  • Personal statement 
  • Supporting materials
  • References
Main residentials 29th March - 9th April
Last year:
Editors- 116
Directors - 153
Camera - 163 
Producer - 63
Sound - 34

Applying for the NFTS will be my next step into the film industry.

Talk with Pete; 
Learned how to set up a film set with the correct terminolgoy how getting the sound, camera and actors all ready for the shoot. e.g "check picture/sound" "set" "set" "Clapper in"

My roll was being a boom operator which is a vital part of the filming as you need to make sure you aim the mic towards the right direction when capturing sound as if you didnt you owould either have to film it again for record a voice over, so a boom operator is quite an important job.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment